[Samba] Join a subdomain DC to a domain DC

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Nov 16 21:23:55 UTC 2017

On Thu, 16 Nov 2017 18:51:19 -0200
Elias Pereira <empbilly at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, as I mentioned, I will use another dns domain. :)
>
> In the old domain was provisioned with the option --use-rfc2307. I
> believe that it is the attributes that you mention? If so, can I
> migrate the users to the new DC, so that they have the same ID?

No, all '--use-rfc2307' does is give you the possibility of using
RFC2307 attributes, so If you didn't add anything to the users or
groups objects in AD (with ADUC, for instance), then there is
every chance your users will get different xidNumbers on the new DC and
no chance of them being used on a Unix domain member.

Rowland