[Samba] SAMBA failing to start after upgrade

Kukreja H.Kukreja h.kukreja at ium.edu.na
Thu Nov 16 21:13:27 UTC 2017

Hi I upgraded my samba 4 DC running on Ubuntu 12.04 from 4.6.7 to 4.6.10
sernet samba package.

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade sernet-samba
While downloading the new package the internet went down and it stopped so
later when the connection was restored I started it again with ap-get
upgrade sernet-samba and it started again.
Now after rebooting the server the sernet-samba-ad service is not running
and failing with error SAMBA NOT CONFIGURED AS DC. The testparm command is
giving an error /var/run/samba pid missing so I have copied the folder from
another running DC running 4.7.1.

Please help to resolve the problem. This is a main DC and I have still not
transferred the FSMO rules to the new 4.7.1 server.

Thanks n Regards

Harsh

Sent from my iPhone