[Samba] ?==?utf-8?q? add machine script not running

Daniel Berteaud daniel at firewall-services.com
Thu Nov 16 08:53:11 UTC 2017

Le Jeudi, Novembre 16, 2017 09:35 CET, Rowland Penny <rpenny at samba.org> a écrit:

> This may have nothing to do with Samba, if you are running sssd, then
> this will be doing the authentication.

sssd was providing the NSS -> LDAP layer, just like nss-ldap would do (it also provides a pam module equivalent to pam-ldap for UNIX accounts)

> If you are running sssd, try turning it off and use Samba instead, see
> if this fixes your problem.

But unlike nss-ldap, sssd does provide some caching mecanism that's why I think it's this part which breaks something.

Switching to nss-ldap+pam-ldap instead of sssd makes everything working. I just don't understand why. How can this makes samba ignore "add machine script" and instead try to create the entry directly ?

Anyway, it's working now, even if I don't understand why

Regards, Daniel

--
Daniel Berteaud
FIREWALL-SERVICES SAS.