[Samba] Join a subdomain DC to a domain DC

Elias Pereira empbilly at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 22:07:38 UTC 2017

> Does nobody read the Samba wiki ???

What??? Samba has a wiki ??? *Bazinga *:D

As far as I am aware, AD subdomains do not work correctly with Samba AD.

> What you have done with the new DC, is what you should have done in the
>
> first place, created a subdomain of your main dns domain and used this
>
> for the AD dns domain and realm.

I started in this job now and it was already set up in this way. :(

I think you have two options here and I don't think you are going to

like either ;-)

> Shut down your main DNS server and then use the Samba dns servers for

everything in the domain, or

I think this option is not viable!!!

start again with your new DC and DNS

subdomain.