[Samba] OS X 10.4.11 Tiger cannot write to Samba 4.5.12 file server with vfs_fruit enabled

Keith Kaisershot keithkaisershot+samba at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 18:08:59 UTC 2017

Thanks for the response, Ralph. Unfortunately the Tiger systems are PPC
machines which can’t run 10.6. Is there a way to get SMB1 and Netatalk to
play nice together without relying on vfs_fruit? Failing that, is there a
way for Samba to enable vfs_fruit selectively, such as only if I’m
connecting using SMB2, and leaving it disabled if older clients are using
SMB1?