[Samba] SAMBA4 API

Taylor Hammerling thammerling at tcsbasys.com
Tue Nov 14 17:18:04 UTC 2017

by modify I mean add, change and/or remove DNS records (depending on the
values passed to the API).
Also, yes I mispoke, we would only be modifying the records on one DC, and
replication would take care of the rest.

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 11:17 AM, Rowland Penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 11:07:28 -0600
> Taylor Hammerling via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
> > I am looking for a way to programatically modify DNS settings from
> > outside of my SAMBA4 DCs.
> >
> > I am working on creating a PHP inventory page, which (in an ideal
> > world) would hook into our SAMBA4 domain controllers, allowing us to
> > modify DNS records in the inventory, and then have the backend of the
> > inventory communicate with the DCs over an API and modify the DNS on
> > the DCs.
>
> It depends on what you mean by 'modify' ??
> Whatever you mean, you only need to 'modify' the records on one DC,
> replication will take care of the rest.
>
> Rowland
>

> --

*Taylor Hammerling* |  *IT Manager*