[Samba] winbind finds all domain users except Administrator

Fabian Fritz fabianfuture at web.de
Mon Nov 13 21:34:16 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have a samba 4.7 DC (Red Hat) and a Solaris 10 Member (also 4.7.0). I
started winbindd and can get all users in my domain via "getent passwd"
except MYDOM\Administrator. I can get it via wbinfo however:

# wbinfo -n "MYDOM\Administrator"

S-1-5-21-.......-500 SID_USER (1)

In the winbind log with log level = 10, when I do getent passwd
"MYDOM\Administrator I always see this:

[2017/11/13 18:27:25.255682,  5]

../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getpwnam.c:136(winbindd_getpwnam_recv)

Could not convert S-1-5-21-.......-500: NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER

I have the idmap configured like this:

idmap config MYDOM : backend = ad

idmap config MYDOM : range = 100 - 60000

idmap config * : backend = tdb

idmap config * : range = 60001 - 61000

I already tried to delete all tdb and ldb but I can't get it working.

This issue seems very much related to this previous thread:
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2015-May/191931.html

So I am suspecting some Solaris-specific problem. Does someone have an idea
what could be the problem?

The counter part to winbindd_getpwnam_recv is winbindd_getpwnam_send,
right? And this is executed on the DC? So do I have to debug there?

Thanks,

Fabian