[Samba] FW: Unable to upload printer drivers

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Nov 10 15:46:53 UTC 2017

Yes, i had that to, when its accepted and its not arriving on the list it seen as spam.

> And concerning the problem of upload, is it a samba bug ? Or specific
> toshiba's driver or w10's one ?

Arg, a combination off all three, imo.
Windows is doing what they want and the rest is following.
Samba trying to catch up on the newer driver type support, they are still working on that.
And all printer manufactuers are changing there driver to the new driver models of windows.
Also due to the security leaks, that had a big impact on the driver deployments.
So its bit searching for the correct version and if your lucky its a short search/test.

But if the latest toshiba isnt working, pm me, and i'll lookup an otherone that i tested about a year ago.
But i have to look them up.

And if the HP universal works, then at least you know that its the driver/samba combination thats the problem.
For that specific driver brand/type your using.

more info : https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj134171(v=ws.11).aspx

Best regards,

Louis