[Samba] Not able to list domain in new samba DC

Sina Owolabi notify.sina at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 14:17:22 UTC 2017

Thanks Rowland!

My current configs are:

DC:

# Global parameters
[global]
        dns forwarder = 8.8.8.8
        netbios name = TESTBOX
        realm = SAMDOM.TESTING.COM
        workgroup = SAMDOM
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        log level = 3
        tls enabled = yes
        vfs objects = acl_xattr
        map acl inherit = yes
        store dos attributes = yes
        winbind enum groups = Yes
        winbind enum users = Yes
        idmap config * : backend = tdb
        idmap config * : range = 3000-7999
        idmap config SAMDOM:backend = ad
        idmap config SAMDOM:schema_mode = rfc2307
        idmap config  SAMDOM : range = 10000-999999
        idmap config  SAMDOM : unix_nss_info = yes
        idmap config SAMDOM:unix_primary_group = yes

        template shell = /bin/bash
        template homedir = /share/%U

        username map = /usr/local/samba/etc/user.map
[netlogon]
        path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/samdom.testing.com/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        read only = No

Domain member/file server:

[global]
        security = ADS
        workgroup = SAMDOM
        realm = SAMDOM.TESTING.COM

        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        log level = 1
        vfs objects = acl_xattr
        map acl inherit = yes
        store dos attributes = yes
        winbind enum groups = Yes
        winbind enum users = Yes
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
        idmap config * : backend = tdb
        idmap config * : range = 3000-7999
        idmap config SAMDOM:backend = ad
        idmap config SAMDOM:schema_mode = rfc2307
        idmap config  SAMDOM : range = 10000-999999
        idmap config  SAMDOM : unix_nss_info = yes
        idmap config SAMDOM:unix_primary_group = yes

        template shell = /bin/bash
        template homedir = /share/%U

        username map = /usr/local/samba/etc/user.map
        map to guest = Bad User

[Anonymous]
        path = /anonymous
        writable = yes
        browsable = yes
        guest ok = yes
        guest only = yes
        create mode = 0777
        directory mode = 0777

[Demo]
        path = /srv/samba/Demo/
        read only = no

I was trying to walk through the creating shares bit and I noticed
that getent passwd and getent group dont work
Am I missing something else?