[Samba] Failed to find domain 'NT AUTHORITY'

Giuseppe Arvati giuseppe.arvati at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 15:52:37 UTC 2017

Il 06/11/2017 16:23, L.P.H. van Belle via samba ha scritto:
> Hai Giuseppe,
>
> ( and +What Rowland said.. )
>
> Samba4 ADDC (you name it file server?)
yes. I know it's not recommended to use ADDC as fileserver

> Nas with the storage. ( and is this one domain joined? If yes, post the smb.conf also from this one. )
no join. NAS is linked via NSF

> Burg run the cron script on the Samba server over which protocol? Ssh, then your in trouble.

Borg it is a python program who read files from a path and save to a
repository on a differnt machine ( NAS ). It is local to samba server
it not need a communication protocol

> This one is also not resolved, so we need more info about the setup.
>>> [2017/11/06 14:58:04.826444,  5]
>>> ../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getpwuid.c:111(winbindd_getpwuid_recv)
>>>     Could not convert sid S-1-5-18: NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USE
>
> wbinfo --sid-to-name S-1-5-32-544
> BUILTIN\Administrators 4

[root at apamfs2 ~]# wbinfo --sid-to-name S-1-5-32-544
BUILTIN\Administrators 4

> Then more below in the logs.
>>> [2017/11/06 14:58:04.890485,  3]
>>> ../source3/winbindd/winbindd_getgrnam.c:56(winbindd_getgrnam_send)
>>>     getgrnam BUILTIN\134administrators
>
> It somehow did resolve.

getent groups
BUILTIN\administrators:x:3000000: