[Samba] Error copying files with extended attributes to Windows clients

Andrew Berry andrew at furrypaws.ca
Sun Nov 5 12:03:28 UTC 2017

I just upgraded to 4.7.1 to fix an unrelated bug with deleting
directories for OS X clients, and it looks like this bug has been fixed
too. I re-enabled ea support, and copies work. It does look like some
attrs are lost in the process, but that's probably because they are
larger than some NTFS limit?

 getfattr vlc-2.2.2.dmg
# file: vlc-2.2.2.dmg
user.com.apple.diskimages.fsck
user.com.apple.diskimages.recentcksum
user.com.apple.metadata:kMDItemDownloadedDate
user.com.apple.metadata:kMDItemWhereFroms
user.com.apple.quarantine
user.org.netatalk.Metadata

# Copied the file off the share and back with Windows 10 Explorer

$ getfattr vlc-2.2.2-copied.dmg
# file: vlc-2.2.2-copied.dmg
user.COM.APPLE.DISKIMAGES.FSCK
user.COM.APPLE.DISKIMAGES.RECENTCKSUM