[Samba] Error copying files with extended attributes to Windows clients

Ralph Böhme slow at samba.org
Sun Nov 5 09:15:02 UTC 2017

On Sun, Oct 01, 2017 at 10:18:00AM -0400, Andrew Berry via samba wrote:
> When copying files to a Windows 10 client, an error is thrown if the
> file has extended attributes. In this case, the files were all created
> by an OS X client with netatalk.
>
> I'm using Samba from the Ubuntu 16.04 repository, which is currently
> 4.3.11+dfsg-0ubuntu0.16.04.11.
>
> In my smb.conf:
>
> # Netatalk configuration
> vfs objects = catia fruit streams_xattr
> fruit:encoding = native
> streams_xattr:store_stream_type = no
> streams_xattr:prefix = user.

this combination is not use much, so there's a good chance there's a bug
somewhere.

Can you test with a later release please? There's a chance that it might work
there. If not, please file a bugreport so we can track this.

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team       https://samba.org/
Samba Developer, SerNet GmbH   https://sernet.de/en/samba/