[Samba] ntfs user mappings?

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 19:19:52 UTC 2017

I have linux machines joined to my AD domain using winbind.
I have windows pro machines joined to AD normally
I would like it so that when I user writes to an ntfs removable disk
That when I mount it on my linux machines it follows the permissions.
Is that possible?
I use ntfs-3g to mount the partition. I see there is a command
ntf3-3g.usermap and wonder if that might work.
Is there a command like it to get the usermap from AD?
I'm curious if when I write to the disk from linux machines if it
shows proper ownership on my windows machines.