[Samba] [Announce] Samba 4.7.0 Available for Download

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Nov 3 10:07:25 UTC 2017

Hai,

If you want a MIT samba on a debian/ubuntu base server.
This may speed things up for you.

If you get this file.
http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian/pool/main/s/samba/samba_4.7.0rc4+dfsg-1nmu1~deb9.debian.tar.xz
That contains the setttings of a working, tested Samba RC4 with MIT support.
And this one compiles fine but you must use kerberos 1.15.1-2+ to make it work for the latest samba release.
I used in the RC build 1.15.1-2 found if needed on my apt.

If you get the 4.7 samba from debian buster.(testing) compare the debian/rules debian/changelog debian/control
And adapt where needed.  I suggest, give it a try.

Greetz,

Louis