[Samba] Different primary group between 4.5.x and 4.6.x

aluno3 at poczta.onet.pl aluno3 at poczta.onet.pl
Mon May 29 10:30:31 UTC 2017

On 29.05.2017 12:03, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> On Mon, 29 May 2017 11:33:21 +0200
> aluno3--- via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
>> My configuration for idmap backend is:
>>
>> idmap config dev2 : range = 65536-19999999
>> idmap config dev2 : backend = rid
>> idmap config * : range = 20000000-39999999
>> idmap config * : backend = autorid
>
> It is recommended to use the tdb backend for the '*'  domain

I will try to use tdb backend but in relative to issue with primary
group it will not help.

>> Does it mean that functionality is not fully reverted?
>>

> No, it means that a patch was added and then removed, as far as the code
> is concerned, it is just as if the patch had never existed.
>
> Rowland

I suppose that not all commits from 2017-01-04 from Volker was reverted
on 2017-03-06. Am I wrong ?

Additionally in commit:

https://git.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=93e804a8b0e63f90c166f063fa16a1238cd8f8f3

we have updated release notes regarding to 'id <username>' but on:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_4.6_Features_added/changed#winbind_changes

this information is not updated so it can bring the confusion.