[Samba] classic upgrade, splitting servers

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun May 28 20:29:15 UTC 2017

On Sun, 28 May 2017 22:01:09 +0200
"Stefan G. Weichinger via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Am 2017-05-26 um 22:56 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:
>
> > The older PC behaves a bit strange, maybe even without ADS.
> > Did all the updates/upgrades ... and I see some users don't get
> > logged in.
> >
> > The above log was generated with log level 4 .... I'd appreciate
> > some checking eyes.

I download the log file, but it seems to be corrupted.

> aside from that log (should I run a higher log level ... or something
> else?)
>
> Is there some (list of) check(s) to somehow get the good feeling that
> my new and shiny DC (or domain) is working correctly?

You could run the various tests, see here for a start:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Joining_a_Samba_DC_to_an_Existing_Active_Directory#Testing_your_Samba_AD_DC

Try comparing the AD objects for the users that cannot log in with the
user object of a user that can.

Rowland