[Samba] [SOLVED] Fw: idmap woes after upgrade

Tim ODriscoll tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk
Sat May 27 15:07:33 UTC 2017

On 27 May 2017 15:44
> Apart from the fact that you shouldn't use nscd with winbind , it has
> its own cache.

Point taken - it's disabled now..

After thinking everything was fine, I'm now getting RPC failures on my Windows clients.
I can map a drive with 'net use..', but 'net user tim.odriscoll /domain' returns a 1722 error, 'The RPC server is unavailable'.

I can see port 135 open on the DC's and the firewall's are off.

I believe this was working before I messed about with PAM..

Any pointers as to where to look? Google is just throwing up Microsoft sites..

Many thanks,

Tim