[Samba] Connectivity issues with Samba 3.0.24 on Aix 6.1

Chunduru, Krishnachaithanya Krishnachaithanya.Chunduru at broadridge.com
Fri May 26 08:21:55 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I'm having Samba version 3.0.24 running on our Aix 6.1 servers.

I have created a new samba share and given permission for a particular user and restricted access to only his group.

We are able to access the share only from a particular subnet but not from all. I have added the desired subnet to allowed networks in global configuration, but still it's not allowing.

Tried to change the registry entries in Windows side which didn't helped at all.

[cid:image001.png at 01D2D58A.BB84EE60]
Below is the global and share configuration. Can someone please help me with the error.

[global]
        workgroup = XXXX
        server string = XXXXXXX
        encrypt passwords = no