[Samba] classic upgrade, splitting servers

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Thu May 25 21:21:47 UTC 2017

Am 2017-05-24 um 13:46 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:

> No problem, I have to leave office for some hours anyway.
> Looking forward to test these new packages.

holiday here today.
Anyway, I tried an upgrade to the 4.6.3 packages provided by lph ...

I wonder how far I have to go back:

do I have initial issues with the NT4-based domain ?
wrong IDs or so, issues with netbios-based domain-name and/or realm ...
etc etc

A 2nd PC (was never member of the NT4-domain) joined fine, and also
shows the blue error regarding profile service.

I will try to come up with a summary of what I did and what's working
and what not tomorrow.

Maybe newer packages magically solve that, maybe I still have stupid
errors in my test environment.

Thanks for your patience ;-)