[Samba] failed to call wbcGetpwnam/wbcGetgrnam/wbcGetpwsid WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu May 25 13:33:54 UTC 2017

On Thu, 25 May 2017 13:25:15 +0100
Alex Matthews via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> I've run into a problem on a Samba 4.5.8 active directory domain
> controller. The domain controller seems to work to authenticate
> against (I have a couple of domain members). However wbinfo throws an
> error when used locally. My configs are posted at the bottom of the
> page.

Why do people add stuff to the smb.conf on a DC without really knowing
what they are doing ???

wins support # Really, on a DC ?
enumports command # Again, why ?
dns forwarder # Only used with the internal dns server and you are
using Bind9

You might as well remove the following lines, they are either default
settings, do nothing on a DC or plain shouldn't be on a DC:

winbind nss info = rfc2307
winbind trusted domains only = yes
winbind use default domain = Yes
winbind nested groups = Yes
winbind max domain connections = 10
winbind sealed pipes = yes

I know you have set up /etc/nsswitch.conf, but is libnss_winbind.so
installed.

Is PAM set up correctly ?

what OS are you using ?

Rowland