[Samba] Migrate from sernet-samba to samba4

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Thu May 25 09:25:00 UTC 2017

Hi Tim,

Am 25.05.2017 um 10:53 schrieb Tim ODriscoll via samba:
> Is it possible to migrate from 4.2.14-SerNet-RedHat-23.el7 to
 > samba-4.4.4-13.el7_3.x86_64 on centOS7?>
> I've got two centos7 servers running sernet
 > versions of samba. Both are AD DC's, with 600 users.

You can't migrate DCs yet to Red Hat packages. Samba currently does not
have MIT Kerberos support. This will be introduced in Samba 4.7. Because
of the missing MIT Kerberos support, Red Hat (CentOS) packages are built
without DC capabilities.

You can build Samba yourself. See Wiki.

A migration documentation (package to self-compiled, self-compiled to
packages, or package to other packages) is currently work in progress.
Maybe I have it finished next week.

Regards,
Marc