[Samba] classic upgrade, splitting servers

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Wed May 24 11:23:42 UTC 2017

Am 2017-05-24 um 13:09 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via samba:

> I mean this
> https://www.isunshare.com/windows-8/run-computer-management-by-command-line.html
> (first picture)
> Rechtsklicken Sie auf Computerverwaltung .
> Dann eine Verbindung mit FSMO Rollen an den DC machen.
> klicken Sie auf das Pluszeichen, System-Tools, gibt es geteilte Ordner.

I think I got it, but it gives an RPC Error (1728) and after that it
shows me that I (connected there as BUERO\Administrator) have no
permissions to look at the shared folders.

I am logged into the PC as local user as the login as
BUERO\Administrator just does not work out ....

> You can write in german to me, if thats more easy for you,
> i can read it, i only lost my write skill.

Maybe if it gets really bad ;-) thanks

>> that's the whole point in doing this, I don't want to touch
>> the individual PCs at all. This worked at another site as well.
> Ok thats good, then you missed someing in the setup.

Yes.

>> * rerun classic update: new policies, everything fresh, lower
>> functional level now
> You should stay at 2008R2 in my opinion.

So I have to redo the raise now in my fresh ADS.