[Samba] samba 4 in AD 2008R2 without winbind

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed May 24 11:12:07 UTC 2017

On Wed, 24 May 2017 12:54:48 +0200 (CEST)
Daniele Bernazzi <daniele at ao-siena.toscana.it> wrote:

> So far for standalone server, Rowland, but is not possible to
> authenticate (just autenticate) on active directory? This
> configuration is now working on another server with samba 3 ...
> access is allowed to users declared in /etc/passwd (these users do
> not have a unix password) and the client use transparently the
> password they supplied at login time. I am not able to reply this
> configuration in samba 4

I cannot see how this will work, to authenticate to AD your computer
would have to be joined to the domain, at which point your user would
have to only be in AD. I am not saying it will not work, I just don't
understand how it can.

Can you post the smb.conf from the Samba 3 machine ?

Rowland