[Samba] classic upgrade, splitting servers

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed May 24 07:51:51 UTC 2017

Hai Andrew,

Thank you for the extra info on that.

If thats the case, i do suggest trow in a message in the samba logs that is preffered to have CAPS for you realm.
Because, if people put them in smb.conf without caps, they wil do it also in krb5.conf and other config files.

Wile : https://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-devel/doc/admin/realm_config.html
Stats: Although your Kerberos realm can be any ASCII string, convention is to make it the same as your domain name, in upper-case letters.

Making the more uniform will help in less problems. And finding a "caps" problem is hard, beleave me i know..  ;-)
Thats why i saying this.

I know its not a RFC to have REALM in CAPS but it should be imo.

Greetz,

Louis