[Samba] Issue to Demote old DC

Marcio Demetrio Bacci marciobacci at gmail.com
Tue May 23 15:02:38 UTC 2017

Hi,

The DC that I want demote is Samba 4.2.1 and it doesn't know the parameter
"ldap server require strong auth".

Following my smb.conf

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = EMPRESA
        realm = EMPRESA.COM.BR
        netbios name = DC3
        dns forwarder = 192.168.0.36
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
        ldap server require strong auth = no
[netlogon]
        path = /opt/samba/var/locks/sysvol/empresa.com.br/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        path = /opt/samba/var/locks/sysvol
        read only = No
        acl_xattr:ignore system acls = yes

When I reboot the Samba4 the below message appears:

[ ok ] Stopping Samba 4 daemon: samba.
[....] Starting Samba 4 daemon: sambaUnknown parameter encountered: "ldap
server require strong auth"
Ignoring unknown parameter "ldap server require strong auth"

My new DC is Samba 4.6.3
My Old DC is Samba 4.2.1

Regards,

Márcio Bacci