[Samba] classic upgrade, splitting servers

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue May 23 15:02:03 UTC 2017

Now, if you old server stays online no alaissing then thats no option..
You can keep that server separated and add in you script something like this
\\oldserver\share /username:OLDOMAIN\%username%
Just make sure username and passwords are same.
Passthrough auth wil work.
I used that also in a upgrade/migration to samba4.

That any option?

Now if your thinking of renameing the DC hostname.
Just one advice, dont do that, its always giving troubles.

But i would go for Rowlands advice, upgrade the old NT server.

Greetz,

Louis