[Samba] Problems with Samba 4.6.3 Authentication

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue May 23 06:50:57 UTC 2017

For got to mention.

If you dont have any certificates setup and not using tls.
Set on the DC's.

       ldap server require strong auth = allow_sasl_over_tls
Or
       ldap server require strong auth = no

And you may need to enable NTLM v1 on the proxy also, but thats why i recommends kerberos auth.
SO preffered imo, try to avoid any NTLM to improve your security.
For NTLM v1 then you need to set on the proxy and DC
   ntlm auth = no
   lanman auth = no

Greetz,

Louis