[Samba] Netbios aliases

Guillaume Duteil g.duteil at alsim.com
Mon May 22 16:27:47 UTC 2017

Hi,

We have been using for years the option "netbios aliases" with 9 aliases
(+ 1 main host).
Each one has it's own shares.

Since recently, we faced problems with some Windows 10 who fails to
connect to any of those hosts.
Windows XP, 7, Linux or MacOSX clients are fine.

We can fix Windows 10 clients by commenting the "smb ports = 139", but
with this configuration Windows7 and MacOSX clients see the sames shares
for all hosts.

Our server is running Debian Jessie with Samba 4.2.14-Debian.
Few weeks ago we were using Samba 3.5.6.

I don't know if the issue started after a Windows 10 update or the Samba
update.

Is there a simple workaround for this ?

Thank you in advance.

Guillaume Duteil