[Samba] Samba 4.5.8-Debian User Profiles on NFS-Share

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon May 22 15:28:57 UTC 2017

On Mon, 22 May 2017 16:50:47 +0200
Franz Gansberger via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> again I'd like to get help from this list.
> After setting up the server, I'd like to store data an user profiles
> on an nfs-server.

Why ? profiles is a windows thing and NFS isn't

> [profiles]
> comment = Roaming Profiles
> path = /data/data/profiles-nfs
> read only = no
> force create mode = 0600
> force directory mode = 0700

I take you haven't read this:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_an_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller#Using_the_Domain_Controller_as_a_File_Server

Specifically this:

 the auto-enabled acl_xattr virtual file system (VFS) object enables
 you to only configure shares with Windows access control lists (ACL).
 Running shares with POSIX ACLs on a Samba DC is not supported.

i.e. you cannot use the 'force' lines in [profiles]

Rowland