[Samba] NtLm auth with multiple ad domains

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun May 21 08:34:37 UTC 2017

On Sun, 21 May 2017 08:58:40 +0100
Arnab Roy via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I need to use ntlm_auth across two different AD domains and their is
> no trust between the 2 domains. I followed the post
> http://samba-multiple-
> domains.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/how-to-join-one-linux-box-to-two.html
> <https://deref-mail.com/mail/client/44YIgEylY9w/dereferrer/?redirectUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fsamba-multiple-domains.blogspot.co.uk%2F2010%2F03%2Fhow-to-join-one-linux-box-to-two.html>

Interesting, but I can see one possible problem, the howto was written
for Ubuntu-9.10 and you are probably using a recent version of Samba
and smbpass has been removed. There are other problems 'idmap uid &
idmap gid' are deprecated in favour of 'idmap config' , also the range
numbers used are a bit low.

Rowland