[Samba] Default Domain Policy (was Re: Problems with sysvolcheck)

Jonathan Hunter jmhunter1 at gmail.com
Fri May 19 16:45:50 UTC 2017

Hi Rowland,

On 16 May 2017 at 22:45, Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org>
wrote:

> You do not add to the default policies, you must create new GPOs

Just picking up on this.

What happens if the default domain policy is edited (not deleted/recreated
- only edited)?

Why is the default policy any different from any other policy - are they
not all just a bunch of files in the sysvol share, and links in AD, at the
end of the day?

If the default policy is treated differently in some way, then perhaps that
could explain some of why I have had issues for a while.. and I have
clearly missed the docs / wiki entry that explains not to touch the default
policy :(

Would be very interested to know more about this!

Of course, one should always be careful about making any changes in the
default domain policy as it applies to all - but I wasn't aware of anything
special from a Samba perspective?

Cheers

Jonathan

--
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research,
would it?"