[Samba] define defaults for mount -t cifs

mj lists at merit.unu.edu
Fri May 19 11:03:48 UTC 2017

Hi Louis,

On 05/19/2017 12:10 PM, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> Hai MJ,
>
> Have you tried:
>
> apt-get install cifs-utils if its not installed.
> man mount.cifs  ( if cifs-utils isnt installed no mount.cifs on debian.)
>
> And test with :
> mount.cifs //server/share /mnt/point -o vers=2.1
>
> Greetz,
>
> Louis

But that has nothing to do with my question, the mounts work, I just
want to make mount.cifs use vers=2.1 as a minimum.

Short background WHY::
I am using a piece of software called pydio that uses mount.cifs to
mount samba shares.
Adjusting the way pydio executes mount.cifs does not work, and all
mounts end up with the default vers=1.0

Sure: easiest would be to edit pydio config, but since that turns out to
be difficut, I thought I'd try to change the default vers of mount.cifs
to vers=2.1

MJ