[Samba] Second DC won't start LDAP daemon

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Fri May 19 06:40:59 UTC 2017

On 05/18/17 21:12, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> I always thought SIGILL was for un-alligned memory access, which is
> slow but permitted on x86.  I guess get it under a debugger - if you
> start it with
>
>   gdb --args samba -M single -i
>
> That should catch it pretty fast.

Not so easy: I had to install a newer gdb, since the stock one on
FreeBSD is pretty useless on C++ code; then I had to compile Samba from
source (after getting a port tree on that box).
In the end I discovered it was a faulty gnutls package (possibly
compiled with optimizations which are not allowed on this CPU?).
I recompiled that too and everything is working now.
Sorry for the noise.

  bye & Thanks
	av.