[Samba] Samba printserver works for Win10 Pro but not Win10 Home edition

Kjetil Fleten kjetil at fleten.net
Wed May 17 06:09:23 UTC 2017

Hello,

I have set up a Samba printserver at a school. The server is a
standalone server, connected to no domain. I have installed printers
with Cups, and uploaded Windows printerdrivers to the shared driver
folder. I can add the shared printers in a Windows 10 Pro client,
without any hassle. When I try the same in any Win 10 Home edition, I
get Windows error messages like "error 0x000006d1" and likewise. This
could possibly be fixed on each individual PC with a registry fix like
this:
http://blog.realcomputerguy.com/2013/06/fix-error-0x000006d1-using-level-3.html.
The problem is, that we can not make such a demand to pupils on a school
that brings their own device. I believe there must be a permission
problem somewhere in my smb.conf, even if guests are allowed,
permissions are set to 777 in all relevant folders etc.
Anyone that have experienced this ?

BR
Kjetil