[Samba] Rename domain during classicupgrade step?

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Thu May 11 17:39:21 UTC 2017

I can see in the docs that a domain rename is not recommended/supported
by Samba for an already provisioned domain. However, what I can't work
out is if this is not possible during the classicupgrade step either?
Does this make any difference, or would it present the same difficulties
as renaming an already provisioned Samba AD?

It case what I'm asking is not quite clear - I have a Samba NT style
domain - and I would like to change its name when I use classicupgrade
to migrate it to an AD style domain. Can this be done?