[Samba] Global Catalogue

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed May 10 18:06:17 UTC 2017

On Wed, 10 May 2017 23:10:31 +0530
Anantha Raghava via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We provide DC Host's IP address and port as 3268 and user DN of
> administrator as CN=Administrator,CN=Users,DC=ktkbank,DC=com and
> supply password. But proxy reports "unable to connect to directory".
>
> However, the Proxy's Content Gateway is a member of AD DC and it uses
> integrated windows authentication.

well I can connect to the global catalogue using ldapsearch:

rowland at devstation:~$ ldapsearch -Z -p 3268 -h dc1.samdom.example.com -D
"cn=Administrator,cn=Users,dc=samdom,dc=example,dc=com" -W -b
"cn=users,dc=samdom,dc=example,dc=com" -s sub
"(samaccountname=rowland)" -v
ldap_initialize( ldap://member1.samdom.example.com:3268 )
Enter LDAP Password:
filter: (samaccountname=rowland)
requesting: All userApplication attributes
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <cn=users,dc=samdom,dc=example,dc=com> with scope subtree
# filter: (samaccountname=rowland)
# requesting: ALL
#

# Rowland Penny, Users, samdom.example.com
dn: CN=Rowland Penny,CN=Users,DC=samdom,DC=example,DC=com
CN: Rowland Penny
sn: Penny

Rowland