[Samba] samba4 AD - some doubts and concerns

Elias Pereira empbilly at gmail.com
Tue May 9 21:28:39 UTC 2017

Thanks Adam for your answer!! "not enter the domain" means that the machine
not found our domain (samba3 pdc/nt4) for auth.

-------------------------

What is the best way to put a new samba4 AD server on the "air"?

*Note*: *Today I have samba3 nt4 and at the moment I can not just turn it
off and start another. I need to do this side by side.*

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 5:28 PM, Adam Tauno Williams via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> In freebsd I need to put each IP of the WINS servers (input in pfsense)
>> configured in the file /etc/rc.conf, as below, otherwise the machines do
>> not enter the domain.
>>

> Not certain what "enter the domain" means;  but Active Directory is very
> DNS oriented.  You will not need WINS to work for AD to work;  if DNS is
> working, and the LDAP + Kerberbos ports are open, it should be good.
>

> --

Elias Pereira