[Samba] ssh not connecting to Active Directory in Fedora 25 workstation, wbinfo -u works; child_read_request: read_data failed: NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_RESET

Robert Kudyba rkudyba at fordham.edu
Tue May 9 16:20:04 UTC 2017

> On May 9, 2017, at 12:11 PM, Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 9 May 2017 11:55:11 -0400
> Robert Kudyba <rkudyba at fordham.edu> wrote:
>
>>> If you run 'getent passwd myuser' on the machine you are trying to
>>> connect to, do you get any output ?
>>
>> None, blank line. Are there any other services to restart other than
>> smb, winbind and sshd?
>
> That's your problem then, if you aren't getting output, then the OS
> doesn't know who your user is.
>
> Does 'wbinfo -u | grep myuser' show the user ?

yes

> Are you sure the libnss-winbind links are correct ?

I think so here’s what it looks like, note they aren’t sym links but the actual file:
smbd -b | grep LIBDIR
   LIBDIR: /usr/lib64

locate libnss_winbind.so.2
/usr/lib64/libnss_winbind.so.2

ls -l /lib64/libnss_winbind.so.2
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 15120 Apr  6 11:30 /lib64/libnss_winbind.so.2

ls -l /usr/lib64/libnss_winbind.so.2
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 15120 Apr  6 11:30 /usr/lib64/libnss_winbind.so.2