[Samba] Observation GPO problems/dns registration/printer deploy.

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue May 9 13:46:16 UTC 2017

Hai,

I was testing a new pc (w10 build 1607)  and i noticed, for some reason, error in my windows event log.
This was a master image syspreped, etc.
I did 12 of these pc now 2 have strange problems, and the same problem with GPO, printers stopped deploying.
something with message, server not found..

The other message was.
unable to register dns to the server.
Alle these pc's have static ip.

I fixed both problems with these (common) commands.
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset

reboot the pc.

i needed to enter the ipadres again. ( because of the static ip )
reboot the pc, first reboot get the new policies. ( some only apply after reboot. )
reboot the pc again.

And the result is :
GPO errors gone.
DNS registration fixed.
printers, all nicely installed.

Just sharing info here, since these are common things on the samba list.

Greetz,

Louis