[Samba] Samba Active Directory Domain Controller

Bob of Donelson Trophy bob at donelsontrophy.net
Mon May 8 16:36:17 UTC 2017

On 2017-05-08 10:39, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:

> On Mon, 8 May 2017 16:50:55 +0200
> "L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
> It seems that you cannot create a new /etc/resolv.conf ..
> Did you remove resolvconf with apt-get remove --purge resolvconf?
> That should have restored the static resolv.conf back.

Well no, I didn't, but then again this was on Centos 7.3, it wasn't
anything to do with resolvconf, I couldn't create any new file in /etc.

I just wanted to test something so, more out of desperation than
anything, I tried the 'mkdir /etc1' trick and it worked.

Rowland

You aamy or may not remember that I use Ubuntu server for my Samba DC's.

Not much time but, I remember that users need to add "dns-nameservers"
and "dns-search" (for local domain) parameters to the
/etc/network/interfaces file and that populates the /etc/resolv.conf
file properly. Tricky but documented somewhere on Ubuntu.

(Yes, I know, not the Debian way but rather the Ubuntu way of doing
this.)