[Samba] Samba Active Directory Domain Controller

Anantha Raghava raghav at exzatechconsulting.com
Fri May 5 15:08:46 UTC 2017

Hello James,

Even after setting the rfc2307 in smb.conf replication error continues
and password change error continues. Error thrown while forcing
replication is shown below.

Even after setting RFC, DC2 is not getting synced from DC1. Connection
time out error comes.

#samba-tool drs replicate DC2.KTKBANKLTD.COM <http://DC2.KTKBANKLTD.COM>
DC1.KTKBANKLTD.COM <http://DC1.KTKBANKLTD.COM>
DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=KTKBANKLTD,DC=COM

Failed to bind to uuid e3514235-4b06-11d1-ab04-00c04fc2dcd2 for
ncacn_ip_tcp:172.20.107.31[1024,seal,target_hostname=DC2.KTKBANKLTD.COM
<http://DC2.KTKBANKLTD.COM>,abstract_syntax=e3514235-4b06-11d1-ab04-00c04fc2dcd2/0x00000004,localaddress=172.20.107.31]
NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT
ERROR(<class 'samba.drs_utils.drsException'>): DRS connection to
DC2.KTKBANKLTD.COM <http://DC2.KTKBANKLTD.COM> failed - drsException:
DRS connection to DC2.KTKBANKLTD.COM <http://DC2.KTKBANKLTD.COM> failed:
(-1073741643, '{Device Timeout} The specified I/O operation on %hs was
not completed before the time-out period expired.')
   File
"/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/drs.py",
line 41, in drsuapi_connect
     (ctx.drsuapi, ctx.drsuapi_handle, ctx.bind_supported_extensions) =
drs_utils.drsuapi_connect(ctx.server, ctx.lp, ctx.creds)
   File
"/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/samba/drs_utils.py",
line 54, in drsuapi_connect
     raise drsException("DRS connection to %s failed: %s" % (server, e))

Also, as you had suggested, we have run the command 'samba-tool domain
passwordsettinsg show'
Before modification:

Password informations for domain 'DC=ktkbankltd,DC=com'

Password complexity: on
Store plaintext passwords: off
Password history length: 24
Minimum password length: 7
Minimum password age (days): 1
Maximum password age (days): 42
Account lockout duration (mins): 30
Account lockout threshold (attempts): 0
Reset account lockout after (mins): 30
Passowrd information for domain after modification using samba-tool:

Password informations for domain 'DC=ktkbankltd,DC=com'

Password complexity: off
Store plaintext passwords: off
Password history length: 3
Minimum password length: 7
Minimum password age (days): 0
Maximum password age (days): 60
Account lockout duration (mins): 30
Account lockout threshold (attempts): 0
Reset account lockout after (mins): 30

When we reset the password policy using samba-tool, after about 10
minutes, the policy comes to DC2 from DC1 and users are allowed to
change their password. Now we have disabled the GPO for Password settings.

Probably I feel, due to this replication issue, the DB is becoming
inconsistent and errors are being thrown. Also, DNS errors appear to
exist in the Domain Controllers. We are using INTERNAL DNS which is
adding to problem.

Request you to help us in solving this issue.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Anantha Raghava

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail communication and any attachments may be privileged and
confidential to eXza Technology Consulting & Services, and are intended
only for the use of the recipients named above If you are not the
addressee you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of it. If
you have received this message in error, please delete it and all copies
from your system and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail.
Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error
or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions.