[Samba] Evenlt Logging with AD DC

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri May 5 03:53:56 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-05-05 at 09:18 +0530, Anantha Raghava wrote:
> Hello Andrew,
> Thanks for your quick response. We will definitely work with 4.7 when
> it is released.
> Since AD DC with 4.6.3 is critical for us, is there any way we can
> write events and read, if not using Windows Event Viewer?

Neither 4.6 nor the upcoming 4.7 will write anything to Windows even
viewer, but all versions of Samba do log correct and incorrect
authentication attempts.  Sadly it is mixed in with all the other logs,
and does not have all the details (like source IP) included.

Try log level 2 for failures and 5 for success.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett