[Samba] Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Mar 31 15:05:08 UTC 2017

Your welkom,

You are making me happy :-) ... and everybody should be happy...  :-).

Thats ok, thats up to you.

> Now there is three questions and one tiny issue left.
>
> Questions:
>
> What will expet me when upgrading samba with standard debian-setup on the
> DC's and on the member? Will the update ask me if I want to keep my setup
> for every relevant file or is there a danger that something will be
> overwritten?
Same as always, i suggest keep no overwrite, and you can checkout the .dpkg-new file.

> > Optional depending on needs like GPO things also, software deploy, then
> these 2 are a must
> >
> > SYSTEM (full controll)
> > Verified users ( read )
>
> Which kind of GPO's are you talking about? Or do I need to do that for any
> kind of GPO's? I thought they would be done by the DC's. Or ist it just
> fpr e.g. roaming profiles or scripts on the shares?
Yes profiles scripts usershares.
This is due that a computer applies a user policy.
Or user system needs something.
Etc.

> > And optional you can setup with.
> > acl_xattr:ignore system acl = yes
> > but think before you set that one, if you set, apply/check all of the
> above  again.
>
> This only relates to Posix-ACL's? So if it only Windows ACL's play a role
> I can safely say 'yes'?
Yes. I use that always on my user_home, profile share and sysvol/netlogon shares. ( man smb.conf is your friend also. )

> > Now last.
> > On the security tab, klik advanced.
> > In above setup, the owner should be root. That is correct keep it.
>
> -_- That ist what I did not keep before, because I did not allow Everyone
> and/or authenticated users.
>
> > Klik on change permissions.
> > ( optional ) Remove the checkmark from "Include inheritable permissions
> from this objects perent"
> > And set the other one. (Obligated)
> > Apply.
>
> Ok, I did that. But it does not seem to remember that setting. Nor does it
> do anything.
Correct, but create a new folder and check its rights. You should see the inheritable groups now.

> User mrtx is in both groups 'mrtx-group' and in 'rubens'. mrtx is the only
> member of 'mrtx-group'.
>
> If user mrtx creates a file in a share of group 'rubens' its group is
> 'mrtx-group' and not 'rubens', as I would expect. At least on the debian
> machine. On the windows machine it appears to be alright and this is the
> important thing. But is this an inconsistency?
Did you change the "primary group" for the user?