[Samba] Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Mar 31 07:41:32 UTC 2017

Hai,

I see Rowland helped a bit already and good things going here..
For you setup, this is how i do my setup.

First your data path

/fs/gf
/fs/othere_path..

I normaly start with :
chmod 2775 /fs
chown root:"Domain Admins"
( optional share \\server\fs$ )

chmod 2775 /fs/gf
chown root:"Domain Admins"
( or chmod -R ...  but i dont know if you already did setup more )
( share \\server\gf )

Connect from within windows to the share and setup the following.

Start with the SHARE SECURITY.
Setup the Share rights with Or authenticated users or Everyone with "Full Contol".  *( or set both )

And no, this is not insecure, the folder rights protect the write access for everyone and authenticated users.  You always need at least one of these if you do more that a data only share.  ( like software deploying, etc )

Next security tab,

Creator Owner  (special rights)(optional, use creator group is preffered )
But as base you need to have minimal.

Group Owner  (special rights)
Domain Admins (Full control)
YOUR_SPECIAL_GROUP (change)

Optional depending on needs like GPO things also, software deploy, then these 2 are a must

SYSTEM (full controll)
Verified users ( read )

Now In case of  /fs/gf
After you have set above, dont use chmod any more.
Do this from withing windows.

And optional you can setup with.
acl_xattr:ignore system acl = yes
but think before you set that one, if you set, apply/check all of the above  again.

Now last.
On the security tab, klik advanced.
In above setup, the owner should be root. That is correct keep it.

Klik on change permissions.
( optional ) Remove the checkmark from "Include inheritable permissions from this objects perent"
And set the other one. (Obligated)
Apply.

Im assuming you kept the default "primary group" in the AD, for the users.
So it should be "domain users" .

The setup works as followed.

Share rights, allows everyone ( and or authenticated users)  to connect and write over the share.

Security rights, allows only that what is set to write,
This is mixed with  the share right.
And blockes the everyone/authentiacted from the share, exept the

The "Special" right sets the needed group to allow writes/overwrites in that folder.

This is a bit how i setup.
Try it and let us know if its working.

Greetz,

Louis