[Samba] Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.

osdc at mailbox.org osdc at mailbox.org
Thu Mar 30 16:10:59 UTC 2017

> Rowland Penny <rpenny at samba.org> hat am 30. März 2017 um 17:40 geschrieben:

> OK, try this, change the ownership of both dirs to root:Domain Admins
>
> Then go and follow this wikipage:
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_a_Share_Using_Windows_ACLs

Ok, just did that. i have been always trying to follow this manual, to the point "Select the security Tab". This worked exactly once, only the first time, after new setup. The second time I just see a window telling me i was not allowed to change anything. And when I try to save it, I get the well known error message. Or it sometimes does not complain but simply does not remember anything.

I guess there must be something not up to date beingaccessed on the AD's. What I do in RSAT does not seem to have any influence after the first time. And these strange artifacts in getent like 134 or 040 (by the way after doing
chown -R root:"RUBENS\domain admins" /fs/gf/  )

root at fs:~# getfacl /fs/gf/
getfacl: Entferne führende '/' von absoluten Pfadnamen
# file: fs/gf/
# owner: root
# group: RUBENS\134domain\040admins
user::rwx
user:root:rwx
group::r-x
group:root:r-x
group:RUBENS\134gf:rwx
mask::rwx
other::---
default:user::rwx
default:user:RUBENS\134gf:rwx
default:group::r-x
default:group:root:r-x
default:group:RUBENS\134gf:rwx
default:mask::rwx
default:other::---

---

I have no clue how to go on, looks like a dead end to me.

I appreciate your patience very much.

martin