[Samba] Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Mar 30 15:40:18 UTC 2017

On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 17:01:53 +0200 (CEST)
martin via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> > Rowland Penny <rpenny at samba.org> hat am 30. März 2017 um 16:46
> > geschrieben:
>
> > If you look here:
> >
> > drwxrwx---+  2 RUBENS\gf root 4096 Mär 30 14:09 gf
> >
> > There is a '+' sign after the permissions, this means that there are
> > ACLs set on the directory, try running 'getfacl /fs/gf'
>
> Ok, first /fs/mrtx, then /fs/gf:
>
> root at fs:~# getfacl /fs/mrtx
> getfacl: Entferne führende '/' von absoluten Pfadnamen
> # file: fs/mrtx
> # owner: root
> # group: root
> user::rwx
> group::r-x
> other::r-x

This shows that the owner is 'root' and the group is 'root', the only
user or group that has write permissions is the owner 'root'

> root at fs:~# getfacl /fs/gf
> getfacl: Entferne führende '/' von absoluten Pfadnamen
> # file: fs/gf
> # owner: RUBENS\134gf
> # group: root
> user::rwx
> user:root:rwx
> group::r-x
> group:root:r-x
> group:RUBENS\134gf:rwx
> mask::rwx
> other::---
> default:user::rwx
> default:user:RUBENS\134gf:rwx
> default:group::r-x
> default:group:root:r-x
> default:group:RUBENS\134gf:rwx
> default:mask::rwx
> default:other::---

This shows that the owner is 'gf' and the group is 'root',  'gf' and
'root' both have write permissions.

> But still: I cannot change /fs/gf a second time.

OK, try this, change the ownership of both dirs to root:Domain Admins

Then go and follow this wikipage:

Rowland