[Samba] Fwd: Re: Samba AD Manage User, set unix passwd

Thu Mar 30 09:14:40 UTC 2017

Hello, as is the link I have set a unix password.

add: unixUserPassword
unixUserPassword: ABCD!efgh12345$67890 # dummy unix password that ADUC
gives to all Unix users

But I can't login with this pass. Is this password clear-text? must it
be a hash?
Is there a way to config winbind to use this ldap attribute?

Basti