[Samba] Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.

osdc at mailbox.org osdc at mailbox.org
Thu Mar 30 08:58:53 UTC 2017

> Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> hat am 29. März 2017 um 21:39 geschrieben:

> Hmm 'krb5' does this mean you have kerberos running on the Unix
> domain server (what you call a fileserver) ?

I thought I needed it, but for /etc/krb5.conf, kinit and klist but was wrong. Thank you.

> Now that is odd, 'idmap.ldb' only exists on a DC, how did you install
> your 'fileserver' ?

It was a long day, I mixed it up. I Did not have my bash_history to look it up.

One more thing: you recommend ad while L.P.H. van Belle recommends rid. I have read about the advantages and disadvantages of ad, rid and autorid. What is your reason for recommending ad?

I will give van Belles setup a try today.

Best regards

Martin