[Samba] Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.

osdc at mailbox.org osdc at mailbox.org
Wed Mar 29 19:07:05 UTC 2017

Hello Rowland,

> Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> hat am 29. März 2017 um 20:28 geschrieben:

> wbinfo goes straight to winbind, getent goes via nsswitch, so you might
> not have the required packages installed.

I have standard debian jessie with ssh and furthermore installed samba, smbclient, winbind, nsswitch, libnss-winbind, libpam-winbind, krb5, krb5-config, krb5-user

So I do not see what is missing. I have been trying to solve that problem with my old setup and ended up copying the idmap.ldb to my fileserver. Quite unsatisfying and dirty solution, but it helped. I would like to do it better this time.

> But it might just be down to
> 'getent passwd' by default not showing users, try 'getent passwd
> username'

That did not work either.

Help is appreciated.

martin