[Samba] Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied.

osdc at mailbox.org osdc at mailbox.org
Wed Mar 29 18:17:10 UTC 2017

Hi colleagues,

I am deeply impressed about the quick support onb this list. Thank you a lot.

> "L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> hat am 29. März 2017 um 16:19 geschrieben:
>

> I've commented inbetween the lines, but first do what Rowland already told you.
>
> When done, read on, some other pointers.
>

> > \\samba-fs\museum.rubens.world\mrtx
>
> Is this correct because based on your smb.conf i would expect. Typo?

yes, that was some share i tested with before.

> > the domain controllers run Samba 4.2.14-Debian.
>
> If you want you can safely upgrade your DC’s with my 4.5.3 packages.

Usually I prefer the standard debian packages for not breaking their security concept. But that old samba may cause some of the trouble I would like to avoid. So your offer sounds great, are they debs? Where do I find them?

> Add the second DC also.

okay

> Are you setting up with POSIX ACL or Windows ACL?
>
> If windows ACl, remove admin users = "@RUBENS\Domain Admins"

Yes, Windows ACL

> If the server isnt in production yet.

It was not and I had to start a complete new setup. the ssd has died and i did not have any backups, raid or stuff setup.

Now I am stuck with the problem, that wbinfo works but getent shows only local users or groups. I hope a more up to date samba will resolve that.

Your help is appreciated.

martin